I have installed the PHP extension Xdebug on multiple platforms and for some reason I keep forgetting how I manage to do it every time.
Below are the steps I followed to get Xdebug working with Zend Server CE 5.04 with PHP 5.3 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.
- Download the correct Xdebug extension from here.
Note: Although I am running a 64-bit OS, Zend Server CE 5.04 is 32-bit and requires 32-bit extensions so I downloaded the 32-bit version of Xdebug php_xdebug-2.1.0-5.3-vc9-nts.dll
- Copy the DLL to C:\Program Files (x86)\Zend\ZendServer\lib\phpext\
- Add the following lines ABOVE [Zend] in your php.ini file which is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Zend\ZendServer\etc\php.ini
[xdebug] zend_extension="C:\Program Files (x86)\Zend\ZendServer\lib\phpext\php_xdebug-2.1.0-5.3-vc9-nts.dll"
- Restart Apache
- Log in to the Zend Server GUI at http://localhost:10081/ZendServer and check the PHP Info page for Xdebug
- If you have an Xdebug section then it works. Now you’ll want to probably add some more configuration to the [xdebug] section of the php.ini file. See xdebug.org for more info.